Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
- 2x 6 inch cake tins
- 1 ½ cups Caster sugar
- 2 cups Plant based milk
- 2 tbsp Apple cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 5 tbsp Fine & Raws Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Spread
- 2 ½ cups Gluten Free Flour
- 6 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup vegan butter
- 1¾ cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Spread
- 70 g Dark Chocolate (for the drip)
- 1/2 tbsp Fine & Raws Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Spread
- Sprinkles optional
- Preheat your oven to 180°c / 356°f and grease and flour your cake tins.
- Combine the milk and vinegar together to make the 'buttermilk' and set aside for 5 mins.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients until fully combined in a separate bowl.
- Then pour in the wet ingredients. And whisk until combined. Finally add the chocolate spread to the batter and evenly distribute the batter evenly into the cake tins.
- Bake for 45-60 mins or until springy to the touch and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- As the cakes cool make the buttercream by creaming together your plant-based butter for 5 mins until pale.
- Then mix in the icing sugar, then add the chocolate spread and beat for a further 5 mins until fluffy.
- Spread a tbsp or two of buttercream onto the first cake layer and drizzle on some more chocolate spread.
- Place the second layer face down for a more neat leveled frosting. Spread the remaining frosting across the top and sides of the cake.
- To finish, melt some chocolate in the microwave and transfer to a piping bag. Once all the chocolate is in the bag, snip the end of the bag off and carefully pour the chocolate drip across the side of the cake and pipe some buttercream swirls on top using a 2D tip and a lightly sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
- Finally slice and enjoy, for your next celebration!