Classic Chocolate Cake For Mothers Day
Course: Dessert // Diet: Vegan // Prep Time: 30 minutes //Cook Time: 25 minutes
- ¼ cups Coffee (Hot)
- ¾ cups Plant based milk
- ½ tbsp Apple cider Vinegar
- 1 ¾ cups Gluten Free flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cups Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Fine & Raws Sweet Hazelnut Spread
- ½ cups Vegetable oil
- ½ cups Vegan butter
- 1 cups Vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ cups Icing Sugar
- ½ cups Vegan Double Cream
- ½ cups Vegan white chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180°/365°F and grease and flour your cake tins and set aside.
- Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar in a glass/bowl and leave aside while you make the batter.
- Mix together the dry ingredients into a large bowl until fully combined.
- Pour in the wet ingredients, oil, coffee and chocolate spread and mix until combined.
- Pour into your prepared cake tins and bake for 25-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- As the cakes cool, make the frosting, begin by heating all the frosting ingredients over medium-high heat, mixing constantly until the mixture is smooth and melted.
- Cool the frosting in the freezer for 30 minutes, making sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Remove the frosting from the freezer and whisk until fluffy. Then assemble the cake. Frost in between the layers and around the cake.
- Finally decorate with a handwritten message in chocolate. To do this, melt some white chocolate in a bowl at 30 second intervals, transfer it into a piping bag, trim the end of the bag and write your message on a sheet of parchment paper. Let it set in the fridge, then top it on the cake.
- Finally, show it off to your mum, then slice and enjoy!