Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
- Muffin/Cupcake Tin
- 1 Cup Plant based milk
- 1 tbsp Apple cider Vinegar
- 1 ⅓ Cup Self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp coco powder
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 60 g Fine & Raw's Sweet Hazelnut Butter
- 1 ¾ Cup icing sugar
- ¾ Cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp Fine & Raw's Sweet Hazelnut Spread
- 1/2 cup Fine & Raws Caramel
- Crushed Peanuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°c / 356°f and line your cupcake/muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Combine the milk and vinegar together to make the 'buttermilk' and set aside for 5 mins.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients until fully combined in a separate bowl.
- Then pour in the wet ingredients. And whisk until combined.
- Finally add the chocolate spread to the batter and scoop the batter evenly into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 25 mins until springy to the touch and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- As the cupcakes cool make the buttercream by creaming together your plant-based butter for 5 mins until pale.
- Then mix in the icing sugar, then the chocolate spread and beat for a further 5 mins until fluffy.
- Transfer the buttercream into a piping bag with a 2D Tip and set aside.
- Using an apple corer or piping nozzle, create a small hole in the centre of the cupcake and fill with caramel.
- Once filled, pipe a buttercream swirl on top. Finish with a drizzle of caramel and crushed peanuts and enjoy!